Adventure Aquarium, on the Jersey side of the Delaware River, is a can’t miss aquatic experience. See Hippos eating lunch and walk through the glass shark tunnel before heading outside to see the penguins. Don’t forget to check out the touch tanks where you can feel stingrays and sand sharks!
Adventure Aquarium, Camden County
- Address: 1 Riverside Dr.,
Camden, NJ 08103
Formerly called the New Jersey State Aquarium at Camden, this riverfront attraction is packed with fun for the whole family. Featuring more than 8500 aquatic species and 2 million gallons of water, you can easily spend an entire day exploring this unique Jersey aquarium. They even have the largest collection of sharks on the East coast.
Take a walk through the glass shark tunnel and watch the vicious sea animals swim above you, and then head over to the touch tanks and watch ray splash around and play. Finally, don’t miss daily shows or the kids play areas.
After your visit, walk the waterfront and take in the Philly skyline right across the river.
Adventure Aquarium Pricing
General admission – includes ticket into the aquarium, a 3D movie, access to the Shark Bridge, and daily live shows.
- Adults, 13+: $31.99
- Children, 2-12: $21.99
- Under 2: Free
Purchase the Meal deal, which include an entree and fountain beverage in their cafeteria. Must purchase online, ahead of time.
- Adults, 13+: $36.99
- Children, 2-12: $28.99
Season pass pricing:
If you think you’ll go a few times with the family, consider a membership!
Regular membership pricing:
Regular includes: Discounted parking, invites to exclusive events, special bring-a-friend tickets, discounts exclusive member discounts. Gold membership includes 2 seasonal Bring-a-friend tickets.
- One Adult: $54.99/$69.99 (gold)
- One Adult plus One: $36.99/$54.99(gold)
You can head to their pricing page to find the full list of benefits for members.
Parking – there is parking across from the zoo. Members are charged $5 while non-members are charged $10.
Lockers – Available for rent for $5 for a single locker or $8 for a family-sized locker.
Stoller rentals are available for all-day use at a first-come, first-served basis with a $10 refundable deposit.
- Single Stroller: $6
- Double Stroller: $8
Experience unique encounters with the animals for a once in a lifetime memory. Space is limited, so it is recommended you book ahead. Check their website for more info and age requirements.
- Hippo Encounter: Go see where the hippos hang when they’re not on display. $75/person
- Penguin Pop-in Encounter: $15.99/person, available Thursday and Friday through 5/1. 20 minutes up close and personal with penguins.
- Sea Turtle Encounter: Help care for, train, and feed the family of sea turtles. $135/person
- Shark and Ray In-water encounter: Snorkle with the sandbar and sand tiger sharks, then swim and feed the stingrays. $185/person
Adventure Aquarium Hours
The Zoo is open year-round, with exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.
Hours: 9:30 – 5pm
What you’ll find at Adventure Aquarium
The Aquarium is constantly adding features to benefit visitors and animals alike. Here you’ll find..
- Thousands of aquatic animals from around the world
- Behind the Scenes tours
- Unique experiences
- Touch tanks
- A glass shark tunnel
- 3D Movies
- Hippo Haven and hippo feedings
- Penguin exhibit with penguin feedings
- “Meet the Diver” shows
- V Shaped rope suspension bridge over a tank of sharks
- Kid Zone
- Market cafeteria and gift shop
Animals you’ll find at the aquarium
With over 8000 animals and countless exhibits, your family will adore everything the Camden Aquarium has to offer.
- Hammerhead sharks
- Sea turtles
- Black tip sharks
- Little blue penguin
- Sand Tiger shark
- .. and many more! They’re always adding to their animals and finding ways to help restore endangered species.
Need to know about the Aquarium
- There is a cafeteria inside offering typical kid/attraction food, but you’re also allowed to bring your own food and drink inside.
- The “path” of the aquarium ends in the gift shop, so be prepared! You can also backtrack to avoid it.
- Busy times. The aquarium is a hot spot in the summer for camps, so it can get busy. On days that school is out of session, it also gets busier. They recommend late summer, fall, and early winter as the least busy times.
- Completely indoors. All but the penguin exhibit are indoors at the aquarium, making this a great option for rainy or cold days.
- Self-guided. The aquarium is self-guided and you can go over any section again. (no specific start/end location) The average visitor spends 2-3 hours at the facility.
- Nursing room! If you’re heading to the aquarium with littles, there is a mother’s room that you can utilize for nursing and feeding your baby. There is also a changing station in both the male and female bathrooms.
Can you bring food into Adventure Aquarium?
Yes. They also have food for purchase in the marketplace.
How much is parking at the aquarium?
$8 for non-members and $5 for members.
Is Camden aquarium safe?
Yes. Even though it’s in Camden, the aquarium area is very safe and well maintained.