Alstede Farms in Chester New Jersey is a family destination must see! This farm boasts Pick Your Own fields, a petting zoo area. children’s activities, events, and much, much more. Your family with love this Morris County farm!
About Alstede Farms in Chester, New Jersey
- Address: 1 Alstede Farms Ln
- Chester, NJ 07930
This farm on 600 acres of preserved farmland grows over 250 different types of fruits and vegetables throughout the year. Even when they aren’t growing during the winter, you can still visit the farm and enjoy animals and their market.
Alstede Farms Hours:
- Farm store – open daily, 9-8
- Ice Cream Window – open daily, 9-8
- Tomasello Wine Tastings – weekdays 10-6, weekends 12-5
- Farm Animals – daily, 9-8
- Children’s Activities – weekdays 12-4, weekends 11-4
- Pick Your Own – daily, 9-6 (last admission 5 pm)
- Hen House – daily, 11-4
Make sure to check their site for seasonality – the farm and farmstore are open year round.
Need to know before visiting Alstede Farms NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- Bring animal food! You can buy animal food at the farm both in dispensing quarter machines and bags of fresh produce in the farm store. But we always use an Alstede visit as a chance to empty out our crisper drawer of wonky carrots and wilting celery.
- Loyalty Program. Alstede Farms has a loyalty program that is quietly promoted, but it’s worth looking into if you go regularly. Using the Barn Bucks program, you get $5 every time you hit $100. You can sign up here.
- Pets allowed on leash. Fido is more than welcome at the farm, just make sure he’s on a leash!
What can you find at Alstede Farms
- A variety of animals to say hi to and feed, including chickens, horses, donkeys, alpacas, bunnies, and goats. The goats even have a special goat walk bridge!
- Children’s activities, including a hay bale tower, corn pit, an antique tractor to sit on for photo ops.
- Pick your own fruits and vegetables when in season.
- a Farm store stocked with cider, fresh baked goods, fresh produce, local honey, and more.
- Farm events such as pancake breakfasts and festivals as well as kids’ events and camps.
- A homemade ice cream shop that features in-season flavors grown on the farm.
Alstede Farms Pick Your Own
Pick your own at Alstede Farms is one of the biggest draws to visit the farm – help your kids learn all about where their favorite fruits and vegetables come from by picking it themselves. At the Farm, you can pick many different fruits and vegetables based on their seasonal picking schedule. Some of their offerings include..
- Sweet Corn
- Asian Pears
- and more! You can find the picking schedule here.
Pick your own fruits and vegetables are charged by the pound and require you to purchase a pick your own admission, which also includes access to the maze of sunflower in late summer or corn in fall)
Events at Alstede Farm
Alstede Farms hosts numerous events throughout the year. Most notably, you can find different brunch weekends each month with different themes. Think Blueberry Pancake Breakfast, Mother’s Day Brunch, Easter Brunch (with egg hunts!) and more.
They also host different festivals throughout the year, such as strawberry festivals and apple festivals. You can find the full schedule and any applicable pricing on their farm events page.
Alstede Farms CSA
In addition to the market and U-Pick offerings, Alstede Farms offers a CSA program for locals. This program offers curated fresh produce grown at the farm each week. Amounts and pricing depend on the length of the commitment you choose and size of the share. Different shares also offer perks like free Pick Your Own passes and annual fun passes.
Alstede Farms Wine Tasting
Who says a day at the farm is just for kids? Be sure to check out the Tomasello Winery tastings both in the farm store and in the tasting shed on weekends. For $5.35, taste up to 5 wines and get a Tomasello Winery glass. Bring the glass back and experience free tastings.
If you’re into reds, you can choose the Premier Riedel Tasting, which will put you back $15 and get you a Riedel red wine glass and 8 wine tastings, all Palmaris Reserves available.
Alstede Farms Prices:
Pricing for pick your own is priced per pound and varied per variety.
Pick Your Own admission pricing is $8.99 per adult.
- All Day Activity Pass – includes corn or sunflower maze admission, pick your own admission, children’s activities such as a corn – $19.99/person
- Easter Festival and Springtime Festivals- $19.99/person
- Harvest Moon Hayrides – $15.99/person
- Annual fun pass – includes yearlong pick your own admission, corn and sunflower mazes, hayrides, Spring and Easter festivals, children’s activities. – $99/person
FAQs about Alstede Farms
When is Alstede Farms open?
The farm is open Year round from 9 am – 7 pm. Different attractions are only open during the You Pick season.
Is Alstede Farms Organic?
Yes, Alstede Farms is a certified organic farm.
Is Alstede farms dog friendly?
Yes. Friendly, fully vaccinated dogs are welcome to the farm but must remain leashed at all times. They are not allowed in the picking areas.