Asbury Park boardwalk is packed with fun for adults and kids alike. With Zagat-rated restaurants, playgrounds, and a splash pad, this boardwalk in NJ deserves plenty of recognition. Packed with history and fun, you won’t want to miss it this summer.
Asbury Park Boardwalk and Beach
While not the longest boardwalk in NJ, Asbury Park is definitely the most unique and eclectic. Filled with history and nostalgia, this classic spot has been revitalized in the past 10-15 years to become a great place for families.
With clean beaches, famous hot spots, and even a splash pad and playgrounds for kiddos, this is a boardwalk you won’t want to miss out on this summer.
Boardwalk and Beach Hours
The boardwalk and beach are open to the public all year round.
During the summer most attractions and stands open around 10am, but some will open earlier.
In the summer, beach hours are as follows – this is when you must have a beach badge and when lifeguards will be on duty.
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Weekends and Holidays: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Asbury Park Boardwalk and Beach Pricing
Beach tag pricing:
Starting Memorial Day weekend, all persons over the age of 12 are required to have a beach badge in order to enjoy the beach.
- Daily badges: $5/person, $7/weekends and holidays
- Season Badges: $70/person, $20/person 13-17 or 65+
- Veterans and active military are free, as are children 12 and under.
Asbury Park Boardwalk has abundant street parking with meters. You are also able to purchase beach badges through the meters. There is also free street parking beyond the meters, as well as metered lots.
Pricing is $1/hour M-F from 12am-5pm and $10/day on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
Asbury Splash Park and Mini Golf Pricing:
- Weekdays (M-Th): Child, $10/Adult, $5/Family Pass, $24
- Weekends (F-Su) : Child, $12/Adult, $6/Family Pass, $28
- Adult: $8
- Child: $6
- Senior: $7
Splash and Putt Pass
- Adult: $12
- Child: $15
- Family: $48
What you’ll find at the Asbury Park Boardwalk NJ:
There’s no lack of things to do and see at the boardwalk. Here are some of what you can find to spend your day doing, and even more to do at night.
- Classic games at the Silverball Museum
- Mini Golf
- Asbury Splash pad
- Unique restaurants, both for fine dining and casual eats.
- Famous spots like The Stone Pony and the Wonder Bar.
- Clean and well-maintained beach
- Convention hall hosting numerous events all year long
- 2 free access playgrounds you can access from the boardwalk.
- ..and more!
Need to know about Asbury Park Boardwalk:
- The 8th avenue beach is considered the dog beach – in the off season (after September 15) dogs are permitted on the beach at any time. From May 15-Sept 15 dogs are allowed on the beach from 6pm-8:30am.
- Swimming is ONLY permitted when lifeguards are on duty.
- Beach lockers are available for purchase at the beginning of the season for $225.
- You can use cash or coins as well as cards in the parking meters ($1, $5, $10 bills accepted) but no change is given.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk year-round from 10pm – 10am only.
- Lifeguard hours are between 10 am and 5 pm, and 10am-6pm on weekends and holidays, weather permitting.