Battleview Orchards in Monmouth County is a convenient, family-friendly pick your own farm. Offering seasonal produce like pick your own cherries and apple picking, there’s something for the whole family here!
About Battleview in Freehold Township, New Jersey
- Address: 91 Wemrock Rd,
Freehold Township, NJ 07728
Located conveniently right off 33 near the Freehold Mall, this orchard is a can’t miss in Monmouth County. With pick your own offerings starting in late spring with strawberries and moving through October with pumpkins, your family will love this farm.
The farm has been around for over 100 years and has been run by 4 generations. Don’t forget to hit up the Country store for fresh produce, jams and jellies, baked goods, and of course, cider and fresh cider donuts.
Battleview Orchards Hours:
- 9-6 daily, April through December
- 9-5 daily, January through March (closed Tuesdays)
Make sure to check their Facebook page for seasonality and pick your own hours.
Need to know before visiting Battleview Orchards NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- Bathrooms are portapotties! On both the field area and the farm market are, the bathrooms are portable bathrooms, so come prepared with wipes and hand sanitizer as needed. There is no water to wash your hands in them.
- Cash only. Battleview Orchards pick your own is cash only. They accept Mastercard and Visa in the Country store, but the donuts and beverage trailer are also cash only.
- Pets are not allowed. Only service animals with proper documentation will be allowed on the farm.
What can you find at Battleview Orchards
- Pick your own fields and orchards
- Hayrides in late September – October
- Pick your own fruits and vegetables when in season.
- a Farm store stocked with cider, fresh baked goods, fresh produce, local honey, and more.
- Farm events such as pancake breakfasts and festivals as well as kids’ events and camps.
- A homemade ice cream shop that features in-season flavors grown on the farm.
Battleview Orchards Pick Your Own
Head towards the orchards in fall and you’ll hit traffic from visitors coming to pick their own apples and pumpkins. But this farm has pick your own offerings spring and summer as well!
Pick your own fruits and vegetables are charged by the pound. Battleview no longer requires a PYO membership, though there is a $5 charge to enter the strawberry fields. This is then discounted from your total upon checkout.
Events at Battleview Orchards
The Orchards host various events throughout the year. From an Easter Egg Hunt to a Customer Appreciation day to Hayrides in fall, there’s something for the whole family all season long.
Pricing for pick your own is priced per pound and varied per variety.
There is no pick your own admission, though there is a $5 fee per person to enter the strawberry fields. This fee is credited to your purchase after picking.