B&B Farms is a pick your own farm and CSA program in Egg Harbor City, NJ. This farm offers strawberry picking in NJ starting in May, followed by blueberries and raspberries. Make sure you also check out their unique and hearty CSA program!
About B&B Farms in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
- Address: 250 S Mannheim Ave,
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215
Run by the retired NJ Secretary of Agriculture who helped coin “Jersey Fresh” in an effort to promote locally grown produce, this farm has the produce first in mind at all times. Practiving sustainable farming practices and boasting a robust CSA program, this farm is one you don’t want to miss.
Offering pick your own berries, it’s exciting to note that the farm goes a bit against the grain and offer your pick opportunities for ethnic and African produce.
B&B Farms Hours:
- Pick your own hours are 9-5, weather permitting
Make sure to check their site for seasonality – the farm hours may change per season.
Need to know before visiting B&B Farms
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- CSA Program. The CSA program offers benefits to members such as exclusive PYO crops that are not open to the public.
- No pets allowed.
- Sustainable farming practices. While not certified organic, the farm practices sustainable organic farming practices.
What can you find at B&B Farms
- Pick Your Own Berries
- PYO herbs, produce, and ethnic crops
- A bountiful CSA program
- Local items such as cheese, eggs, sausage, and baked goods
B&B Farms Pick Your Own
Pick your own at B&B Farms starts at the end of May and runs through fall. They offer berry (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) fields open to the public, as well as “ethnic and African” crops. Additionally, they have herbs, flowers, and cherry tomatoes open to CSA members. If there are “extras”, they then open those fields as well. Learn about timing and availabilty here.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Ethic crops (Hot Peppers, Bitterball, Kittley, Sweet Potato Leaves, Jute Leaves, Malabar Spinach, Okra and more. )
Pick your own is charged by the pound and varies by type.
B&B Farm CSA
B&B Farms has a unique CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program. Like most farm CSAs, you can choose the size of your share for your weekly box. B&B offers small, medium and large, which pricing ranges from $260-$600 for the year. Unlike some farms, they offer a payment plan or you can pay up front – paying up front gets you a free gift card, though.
What makes this CSA unique is that each week they’ll email you with the harvest plan. You can then choose to keep or swap items so you always get what your family will use.
The last unique feature is member benefits, like recipes to go with your CSA box and CSA member only you pick fields.