Donaldson Farms in Hackettstown New Jersey is a hidden gem for berry, pumpkin and apple picking Warren County! Bring the family all season and enjoy something new each time at this family-owned and operated NJ farm.
About Donaldson Farms in Hackettstown, New Jersey
- Address: 358 Allen Road,
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Don’t miss out on this local gem in Warren County! Locals have been coming here for fun You Pick adventures and the market packed with tasty finds, but it’s starting to get more recognition!
Donaldson Farms is different than other farms in that it doesn’t charge an entrance fee for the farm or You Pick admission. Bring the family and take a stroll through the berry, apple, or pumpkin fields, then check out the farm animals, farm attractions, and market.
Donaldson Farms Hours:
- Spring Market hours: Monday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Summer Market hours: Monday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Fall Market hours: Monday through Thursday 9am – 7pm, Friday and Saturday, 8am – 7pm and Sundays 9am – 5pm
- December Market hours: Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Farm hours vary throughout the year, and the farm is closed from Christmas through Early April. You Pick hours vary per season, so make sure you head to their website before heading over.
Need to know before visiting Donaldson Farms NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! Whenever visiting a farm, make sure you’re wearing shoes that can get dirty! Boots are the easiest option.
- No dogs, please. Dogs are not welcome at Donaldson Farms.
- Pint containers are available for purchase for berry picking. No paper or plastic shopping bags are allowed in the PYO berry fields.
- Cash and Credit accepted. Unlike other farms, Donaldson accepts both cash and credit.
What can you find at Donaldson Farms
- Sunflower fields
- Market with fresh produce, freshly baked pies, and local products from local vendors
- Pick Your Own fields with no entry fee (simply pay per pound you pick)
- Farm Animals
- Old fashioned duck races
- Pony rides
- Corn Cannon
- Corn Maze
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides in December
Donaldson Farms Pick Your Own
Pick your own at Donaldson includes 25 varieties of apples as well as other seasonal produce. Their You Pick season begins with strawberries in late May and continues through November with Apples and Pumpkins.
Pick your own fruits and vegetables are charged by the pound and there is no entry fee.
You pick hours vary by season, so make sure to check out their Pick Your Own section on their website before you head there.
Call ahead to inquire about picking conditions – 908-852-9122
Donaldson Farms Pricing
Corn Maze and other attraction – Donaldson farm does not charge an entrance fee, but does charge individually for activities. Children under 4 are free.
Pick Your Own – Pay per pound of whatever you buy. Pricing changes per produce.
Donaldson Farms CSA
In addition to the market and U-Pick offerings, Donaldson Farms offers a “Health Bite Buying Club” CSA program for locals. This program offers curated boxes of fresh produce grown at the farm each week. They have different share options based on the size of your needs, as well as different pick up and delivery options. CSA members get benefits such as cornmaze, hayride, and pony ride tickets, discounts and exclusive savings.
Learn more about the Donaldson Farm CSA on their website.