Horseshoe Lake Park in Roxbury, NJ is a beautiful Morris County park with tons of great features to enjoy. From a beach with a lake to sports fields to Imagination Station playground, there is something for everyone at this NJ Park.
Horseshoe Lake Park, Roxbury, NJ
Horseshoe Lake Park is a well-loved park for locals to the Succasunna/Roxbury area. With a lake for summer fun such as canoeing, fishing, and swimming, multiple sports fields, walking paths and a large playground, it’s hard not to adore this hidden NJ gem.
What you’ll find at Horseshoe Lake park:
- Snack stand with lunch options
- Sprinkler park surrounded by Adirondack chairs
- Swim lessons during the summer season
- Walking/bike path
- Volleyball courts & basketball courts
- Picnic areas
- Imagination Station playground
- Multiple different sports fields
- Large Pavilion for group gatherings
Need to know info about Horseshoe Lake Park:
- Parking is super easy, with multiple parking lots to choose from.
- The playground is monitored by security cameras 24/7, but the park itself is open dusk to dawn.
- There are bathroom facilities, but they may be closed during the winter season.
- Horseshoe Lake Beach opens for the season on weekends starting Memorial Day weekend and all week starting June 27. The beach will not be open is the air temperature is less than 70 degrees.
- If heading to the beach as a resident, make sure you bring your ID.
About Imagination Station Playground:
Imagination Station Playground is a large play area at Horseshoe Lake Park in Succasunna, NJ. The playground is unique in that it features a small, enclosed play area for kids 5 and under along with a larger area for big kids.
The entirety of the playgorund is fenced in with only one way in or out. This is a relief for parents who can easily station themselves right at the entrance and let kids run free.
The “big kids area” at Imagination Station playground has multiple slides for kids to go down, swings, monkey bars, and lots of climbing areas. If your kids are into net climbing, this is the place to bring them.
The park is themed to let your kiddos imagination run free. At Imagination Station there are numerous “stations” of the playground designed with different themes.
One section is a “boat” theme with paintings of sea life and even a large shark. Another looks like a large NASA space shuttle, while in the little kids’ section there is a train name the, “Imagination Station”.
About Horseshoe Lake Beach
One of the biggest draws to this park in the summer is the lake and beach! Horseshoe Lake Beach is a great place to visit once the weather warms up With a snack stand, canoeing, a sprinkler park, and lifeguards on duty, your family can enjoy a beach day close to home.
You can currently register for your beach badge for the 2020 season at Roxbury Recreation. Learn more about hours on the township website.
How much does a season pass cost?
- Cost for families: Resident Family – $95; Non-Resident Family – $185
- Cost for adults: Resident Adult – $40 Non-Resident Adult – $75
- Cost for children: Resident Child – $30 (ages 3-17) Non-Resident Child – $55 (ages 3-17)
- Cost for seniors: Resident Senior, age 60+ – $0
Day passes are available to residents for $5 each.
Looking for more local NJ Parks? Check out these:
Turkey Brook Park in Mount Olive
Rock Spring Park in Long Valley