Lee Turkey Farm in East Windsor, New Jersey is a unique NJ farm your whole family will love. With thousands of farm-fresh turkeys raised each year and countless Pick Your Own options, this is a spot you don’t want to miss.
About Lee Turkey Farm in East Windsor, New Jersey
Known for raising thousands (literally) of turkeys each year, this spot is also a great destination for Pick Your Own fruits and veggies all season long.
Whether you come for a turkey, produce, or the killer corn maze it puts on each year, the whole family will enjoy this unique farm.
Lee Turkey Farm Hours:
- Farm store – Monday through Saturday open from 9-6, Sunday open 2-6.
- Pick Your Own – Monday through Saturday open from 9-6, Sunday open 2-6. You must BEGIN picking by 5:15 pm.
Make sure to check their site for seasonality – farm store hours may change in the off season
Need to know before visiting Lee Turkey Farm
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- Members Only. Before you enter the fields produce picking, you MUST join the Lee Turkey Farm Pick Your Own Club. This is youracknowledgement of all rules and gives you a family pass for the entire season for $2. The card also acts as a discount card all season.
- No pets are allowed on the farm.
What can you find at Lee Turkey Farm
- Thousands of turkey’s to visit and say hi to.
- Children’s play areas.
- Pick your own fruits and vegetables when in season.
- a Farm store stocked with produce, honey, whole turkeys, cider, pies and homemade baked goods, fresh produce, gift baskets, wine, and more.
- Corn maze
Pick Your Own Options
Pick your own is offered from approximately May – October. Here you can pick a large variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Sweet Corn
- And tons more! See the full list on their site.
Pick Your Own attendees MUST “join” the Lee Turkey Farm Pick Your Own Club, where you sign off on the rules for the farm. Only one person per family needs to sign off and it’s good for the whole season.
You’ll get a Club card which also acts as a discount card for the season.
There is a $5 picking deposit that you must pay per adult before picking that will be applied to your purchase.
About the Turkeys
The farm is known for, of course, turkeys! Lee Turkey Farm raises over 3000 birds each year and sold directly at their market. The birds are raised antibiotic and hormone free.
They offer frozen turkeys year round, but fresh Turkey is only available for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They take up to 1000 pre=orders starting October 1st, but then offer first come first served birds the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
Pricing for pick your own is priced per pound and varied per variety.
Admission to the pick your own fields is a $5 deposit/adult which will later be applied to your purchase. You also need to purchase a “club” membership for $2/family/season.
Corn Maze costs $6/person