Ocean City boardwalk can sometimes be confused by the neighboring MD beach attraction, but this boardwalk in NJ deserves plenty of recognition. Super family-friendly, this beach is perfect for families.
Ocean City Boardwalk and Beach
Not nearly as packed as some of the more well known boardwalks and beaches on the Jersey Shore, your family will want to check out OC. With clean beaches, great food, and 2 amusement piers for kids big and small, this boardwalk has everything you need for a shore vacation or just a fun day trip.
With over 2 miles of beaches, the beach and boardwalk calls itself, “American’s Greatest Family Resort” and it’s no surprise to us!
Boardwalk and Beach Hours
The boardwalk and beach are open to the public all year round.
During the summer most attractions and stands open around 10am, but some will open earlier.
In the summer, lifeguards are on duty during the summer season from 10am – 5:30pm on weekends and holidays and 10-5 on weekdays.
Ocean City Boardwalk and Beach Pricing
Beach tag pricing:
Starting June 6, 2020 all persons over the age of 11 are required to have a beach badge in order to enjoy the beach.
- Pre season passes: $20/person.
- Daily badges: $5/person
- Weekly Badges: $10/person
- Veterans and active military are free.
If heading to OC NJ, expect to pay for parking. Parking metered spots are available from $.25/hour to $1.50/hour, depending on where you park. You can also find municipal lots which can be free or up to $20.
Learn about the parking meter app the town offers as well as prorated season parking on the township site.
Gillian’s Amusement Pricing:
Seaport Village Golf or Golden Galleon Pirate Golf
- $6.50/person before 6pm
- $7.50/person after 6pm
Seaside Go-Kart Speedway
- 4 Passes for $20
- $2 passenger ticket
Wonder’s Fun Cards
Gillian’s uses a credit system for rides on a card that can be recharged easily.
- 1 credit: $1
- 25 credits: $20
- 80 credits: $60
- 185 credits: $125
- Unlimited Ride Pass: $39.95/person for 4 hours
Ocean City Waterpark Pricing:
- All Day, over 48“: $37.95
- All Day under 48″: $32.95
- 3 Hours over 48″: $32.95
- 3 Hours under 48″: $27.95
- 2 Hours over 48″: $29.95
- 2 Hours under 48″: $24.95
- Toddler pass 13 months-2 years old: $10.95
- Spectator Pass: $19.95
- Season Pass: $189.95
What you’ll find at the Ocean City Boardwalk NJ:
There’s no lack of things to do and see at the boardwalk. Here are some of what you can find to spend your day doing.
- Gillian’s Amusement Pier and Playlands Castaway Cove
- Mini Golf
- Ocean City Waterpark for cooling off without the sand
- Boardwalk games like balloon pop, water gun races, and frog jump.
- Clean and well maintained beach
- Classic boardwalk food like pizza, fries, sausage and peppers, ice cream, lemonade and more. Plus, some finds you won’t get on other boardwalks, like crab fries!
- ..and more!
Gillians Amusement Piers:
With Gillian’s piers offers you a lot of options for fun at the Ocean City Boardwalk.
At Gillian’s, kids can enjoy indoor rides specifically for littles, like balloons, a crazy submarine, fire engines, and a Dumbo style ride (called “Jumbo”). Go outside and you’ll find 2 decks (upper and lower) that will appeal to an older crowd.
From a log flume to a drop tower to a haunted house, thrill-seekers will love what the piers have to offer. Outside there are tamer and family-friendly options as well, like Raiders, and an interactive maze of tunnels, slides, and bridges, a tilt a whirl, and even
Finally, don’t forget to hit up the two mini-golf options and go-karts!
Need to know about Ocean City NJ Boardwalk:
- Ocean City NJ is a dry town. This means there is no alcohol allowed to be sold or purchased in the city.
- Swimming is ONLY permitted when lifeguards are on duty.
- Credits for the Amusement rides do not expire and are good year after year.
- No pets are allowed on the beach or boardwalk, unless on special pet days. Service animals are permitted with proper documentation.
- Between June 15 and Labor Day, bikes are allowed on the boardwalk from 5am – 12pm only
- Lifeguard hours are between 10 am and 5 pm, weather permitting.