Rowand’s Farm is known best for cherry and strawberry picking. This Gloucester County farm has limited and popular You Pick each year and a produce packed farm market,
About Rowand’s Farm in Glassboro, New Jersey
- Address: 295 Greentree Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Rowand’s Farm is widely known for having quality cherries, including a small percentage of Ranier cherries, notoriously difficult to grow in New Jersey.
The farm is open for you pick for a short amount of time, starting with strawberry picking in May and continuing until the cherry trees are completely empty of fruit. Make sure to keep an eye on their Facebook page for availability updates.
Rowand’s Farm Hours:
- 9am-6pm Sunday – Friday. Opens for the season in May and closes at the end of Cherry season.
- Closed Saturday.
Check their Facebook page for updates on hours and availability.
Need to know before visiting Rowand’s
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- Keep an eye on Facebook. The season is short and they provide updates on their business page regarding availability.
- Credit is accepted. Customers are encouraged to purchase at least 5 pounds of fruit.
- They provide bins for picking as well as buckets and bags for taking home. The orchard has ladders as needed.
- No pets are allowed on the farm.
What can you find at Rowand’s Farm
- Rowand’s Farm is a super simple farm. They offer You Pick strawberries and Cherries from May-June and once the crop is done close for the year.
- Even after the You Pick is closed for the season, the farm market is open through October, carrying farm fresh produce.
Rowand’s Farm Pick Your Own
Pick your own typically runs at Phillips from Mid May through June.
- Sweet Cherries
- Sour Cherries
- Ranier Cherries – these reportedly get picked out the first day of the season as they have a limited amount of trees.
Keep an eye on the Facebook page to get information on availability and what is being picked.
Pricing at the farm:
Pricing for pick your own is priced per pound and varied per type.
Admission to the pick your own fields is free.