Schaefer Farm is best known for its frightening haunted hayride and corn maze, but there’s even more to take in at this Hunterdon County farm. With adorable animals to visit and a fully stocked market with farm made and local products, there’s always something to find at this NJ Farm.
About Shaefer Farm in Flemington, New Jersey
- Address: 1051 County Route 523,
Flemington NJ 08822
Come visit this fun family farm, known best for its spooky haunted festival named the Farm of Horrors. During the day in fall it’s a completely family-friendly pumpkin picking experience.
The rest of the year you can enjoy You Pick, farm animals and a farm market packed with farm-made dairy, fresh produce, and local products.
Shaefer Farm Hours:
- Winter Hours – Wednesday-Saturday: 9:30-5, Sunday 10-5.
- Summer Hours – Monday-Saturday: 9:30-6, Sunday 10-5.
- Fall Hours – Monday-Saturday: 9:30-6, Sunday 8-5.
Need to know before visiting Shaefer Farm
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- Hit the farm market. The market is packed with fresh, farm-made milk, butter, cheese, jellies, jams and more. They also have produce from the farm, including over 40 varieties of Jersey tomatoes.
- Credit is accepted.
- No pets are allowed on the farm.
What can you find at Schaefer Farm
- You Pick offerings from Mid May-October
- A farm stand packed with farm-grown produce
- Visit with the farm animals
- Kids area to play
- Farm made milk, butter, cheese, jellies, jams
- Local honey
- Bounce house in fall
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Haunted House
Shaefer Farm Pick Your Own
Pick your own typically runs Mid May through October.
Send an email via Shaefer’s contact form and they will add you to their list letting you know when different crop are ready for You Pick.
Pricing at the farm:
Pricing for pick your own is priced per pound and varied per variety.
- Easter Egg Hunt – $10/child, $3/adult.
- Hayride to Pumpkin Picking – $3/person, kids under 5 and veterans are free.
Schaefer Farm of Horror
Schaefer farm is best known for its super scary farm of horrors. Nights at the farm in October they put on 4 spooky attractions. A haunted hayride, a haunted trail, haunted corn maze, and finally, a haunted funhouse.
Farm of Horrors opens late September and is open through the very beginning of November. It’s open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.