Turkey Brook Park in Mount Olive, New Jersey is one of the best parks in North Jersey. With sports fields, a state of the art playground, and a splash pad, kids will have a blast running around.
Everything you need to know about Turkey Brook Park
- Address: 30 Flanders Rd
Budd Lake, NJ 07828
Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
Turkey Brook Park is a hidden gem the whole family will love in Morris County. With a large playground, sports fields, a small pond, a splash pad, a snack stand and bathrooms, it has everything a family would need for an enjoyable day out.
Things to know about Turkey Brook Park
- While the park can definitely get busy during peak hours, it’s large enough to make it comfortable for lots of kids to play safely.
- You’ll also find a 1.5 acre dog park for your furry friends to play, walking paths.
- The park holds lots of seasonal events such as touch-a-truck events, a carnival yearly, and ice skating.
- Although there is tons of parking, weekend mornings can get super busy, as the soccer fields host games.
- There is lots of picnic space, and you can rent the gazebo for parties.
Mount Playmore at Turkey Brook Park
Mount Playmore has over 12,500 square feet of fun. It features 2 areas of play. One specifically made for kids 5 and under with slides and attractions in that area sized for young children. The park features beautiful paintings throughout, done by hand by a local artist, from dolphins to dragons.
The entire park is fully enclosed. There is only one entrance/exit so you can feel secure that your kids will be staying put. The best part about Turkey Brook Park is that the ground is tiled with rubber mats, making it safer for kids of all ages if they take a spill.
Features of Mount Playmore
- 8 slides ranging from twisty to racing and a cochlear slide specifically for children with cochlear implants.
- Rock climbing areas
- Lookout spots to see the entirely of Turkey Brook Park
- Traditional swings
- Tire swings
- Therapy swings
- A “tot lot” for kids under 5 with size-appropriate play
- Spinning cups
- Climbing nets
- Pirate ship with steering wheel and treehouse tower
- Monkey bars
- Rubber tiled ground for safety
- and more!
Turkey Brook Park Splash Pad – Pirate’s Cove Water Park
Beaches and boardwalks in NJ too far or pricey? Turkey Brook Park also features Pirate’s Cove Water Park right next door for kids to cool off and run around in the water! Manned by lifeguards and with chairs in a shaded area for parents to watch over children while they play, it’s the perfect way to spend a hot day in the summer.
Things to know about Pirate’s Cove Splash Pad
- There is a bathroom and changing room right next to the entrance.
- No food what so ever is allowed into the gated splash pad area.
- The Pirate’s Cove water park is free to both residents and non-residents and has plenty of free parking
- The splash pad hours are 10-7 starting Memorial Day Weekend, 7 days a week. Make sure you keep an eye on the Mt. Olive Recreation page to get more updates info on unexpected closings.
Features of Pirate’s Cove Water Park
- Spray squirters that kids can point at each other
- A dumping bucket
- Overhear waterfalls
- Overhead sprinklers
- Small ground fountains
- Mushrooms with water over top
- Seats for parents under a shaded area
- Sprinkers on ground level
Turkey Brook Park is definitely one of the best parks in the area with Pirate’s Cove Water Park the cherry on top. Your kids will love playing on the Mount Playmore and then heading over to Pirate’s Cove and back again. Both are so close to each other that it’s reasonable to bounce from one to the other!
If you’ve been to Turkey Brook Park, what did you think? Did you and your kids have fun? What are some other parks we should research and share? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for more to do locally?
- Landing Park Recreation Complex in Landing
- Things to do in Morris County NJ with Kids
- Rock Spring Park in Long Valley
- Land of Make Believe in Hope
Alstede Farms in Chester